With no disrespect to any family members in particular, as some may be very well suited to the job, there are generally 5 reasons that immediately spring to mind.
- Wouldn’t they like to have the time to enjoy the event as well?
- Have they had the training to ensure that everything runs as it should do, without it looking amateurish?
- Are they covered by £5million worth of insurance, should they drop or damage something valuable?
- Do you really want to put the full responsibility of running the most important party of your life on their shoulders?
- How would you feel if something went wrong, heaven forbid? If they are a friend or family, that becomes very awkward.
Better to let a professional take that responsibility of making your day the success you wish it to be. You may only get married once, and therefore probably will not know what to expect on the day. My experience will guide you through the day so you have time to enjoy it as much as your guests.